UKPSC Exam 2023: Latest News, Dates, Eligibility, Salary & Vacancies
Are you looking for a promising career in the government sector in Uttarakhand? Look no further than the Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC). As the premier state-level recruitment organization, the UKPSC plays a crucial role in selecting deserving candidates for various civil service and administrative positions in Uttarakhand. In this comprehensive guide, we will delve into the details of the UKPSC, including its recruitment process, eligibility criteria, application procedure, exam pattern, and more. So, let’s get started!
Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC) Highlights
- Organization: Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC)
- Post Name: Various positions, including UKPSC Patwari, UKPSC Forest Guard, UKPSC Junior Assistant, UKPSC Assistant Engineer (AE), and more.
- Vacancy: Notification is yet to be announced for 2023.
- Exam Date: UKPSC 2023 Mains Examination likely to be held from 14th October 2023 to 17th October 2023.
- Application Mode: Online
- Exam Mode: Offline
- Recruitment Process: Prelims, Mains, Interviews, and Document Verification.
- Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- Age Limit: Usually between 21 to 42 years, with age relaxations for reserved categories.
- Salary: Varies based on the post and level, ranging from INR 20,000 to INR 60,000 per month.
- Official Website: https://ukpsc.gov.in/
Stay updated with the latest announcements and notifications from Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC). Here are some recent updates:
- Application Open for Sanitary Inspector for 65 posts till 28th August 2023. Apply here.
- UKPSC Admit Card – Released for Civil Judge on 8th of August 2023.
- UKPSC Admit Card – Released for Assistant Engineers on 29th of July 2023.
Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC) Recruitment Process
The Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC) follows a strict and systematic recruitment process to ensure the fair and effective selection of deserving candidates. The process of recruiting will involve the subsequent steps:
- Preliminary Examination: The first stage of the selection process is the preliminary examination, which serves as a screening test. It consists of objective-type questions to assess the candidate’s knowledge and aptitude.
- Main Examination: Candidates who will qualify preliminary exam move on to the main exam. The main examination is a comprehensive test that evaluates the candidate’s understanding of various subjects and their ability to analyze and present information effectively.
- Interview: After clearing the main examination, candidates are called for an interview. The interview assesses the candidate’s personality, knowledge, and suitability for the job.
- Document Verification: Once the interview process is completed, candidates who are selected are required to undergo document verification. This step will ensure the authenticity of all candidate’s educational qualifications, age, and other relevant documents.
Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC) Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC) exams, candidates must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria set by the commission. Here are the key eligibility requirements:
- The candidate’s age should fall between 21 and 42 as of 1st July 2021.
- Age relaxations are applicable for OBC (3 years) and SC/ST (5 years) candidates.
- Applicants need to hold a bachelor’s degree in any field from a recognized university.
- Additional qualifications may be required for specific positions. For example, candidates applying for the position of Sahayak Nagar Niyojak must possess a post-graduate certificate in town and architect planning or associate membership of relevant institutions.
- The candidate must be a resident of India.
- Tibetan refugees who arrived in India and established permanent residence before 1962 may also apply, provided they possess a relevant certificate.
- Candidates from certain countries, such as Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, and the United Republic of Tanzania, are also eligible, but they must have a state-issued eligibility certificate.
- Candidates applying for certain positions, such as Superintendent of Police and District Commandant Home Guard, must meet specific physical requirements related to height and chest measurements. The standards vary based on gender and category.
For a detailed understanding of the eligibility criteria, candidates are advised to refer to the official Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC) notifications and guidelines.
Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC) Application Process
The application process for Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC) exams is conducted online. Here are the steps to apply:
- Visit the official website of UKPSC, https://ukpsc.gov.in/.
- Navigate to the “Apply Online” section.
- Select “New Registration” and provide the required information, such as name, date of birth, address, Aadhar card details, phone number, and educational qualifications.
- After successful registration – Log in using the provided credentials.
- Fill in the application form with accurate details, including personal information, educational qualifications, and exam preferences.
- Upload the required documents, such as a caste category certificate (if applicable), passport-size photograph, and signature.
- Pay the application fee online using credit cards, debit cards, digital wallets, or other available payment methods.
- Review the application form and submit it.
- After submitting an application, take a printout of the application form for future reference.
It is important to note that the application process and fee payment deadlines are mentioned in the official notifications. Candidates should regularly check the UKPSC website for updates and announcements.
Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC) Admit Card
The admit card for Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC) exams is a crucial document that candidates must carry to the examination center. Here’s how candidates can download their UKPSC admit card:
- Visit the official website of the Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC).
- Locate the “Admit Card” or “Download Hall Ticket” link on the homepage.
- Click on the link to be redirected to the admit card download page.
- Enter your login credentials, such as registration number and password.
- Provide the required information and submit it.
- Your UKPSC admit card will appear on the screen.
- Verify all the details, including your name, exam center, date, and time on the admit card.
- Download and print out the admit card for future reference.
If you notice any mistakes on your admit card, make sure to quickly get in touch with the correct officials listed on the official website.
Exam Centers and Syllabus
UKPSC exams are conducted in various centers across Uttarakhand. The exact list of exam centers is mentioned in the official notification or on the UKPSC website. Candidates can choose their preferred exam center while filling out the application form.
The syllabus for Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC) exams is comprehensive and covers various subjects. Here’s a brief overview of the syllabus for the preliminary and mains examinations:
Preliminary Examination Syllabus
- General Studies: Indian history, culture, national movement, Indian and world geography, Indian polity, economic and social development, general science and technology.
- General Aptitude: Aptitude, communication and interpersonal skills, logical and analytical ability, decision-making, general mental ability, numerical identification, and statistics analysis.
Mains Examination Syllabus
- Language: English and Hindi language comprehension and writing skills.
- Indian History, Culture, and National Movement: Prehistoric period, the advent of Islam in India, Mughal Empire, advent and expansion of European powers in India, Indian national movement, history and culture of Uttarakhand.
- Indian Polity, Social Justice, International Relations: Constitutional framework of Indian polity, administration, Panchayati Raj, social welfare, international relations, and more.
- Indian and World Geography: World geography, geography of India, geography of Uttarakhand.
- Economic and Social Development: Indian agricultural and industry, planning and foreign trade, public finance, economics of Uttarakhand.
- General Science and Technology: Physical and chemical science, space technology, life science, computer, and information technology, environmental problems and disaster management, Uttarakhand rehabilitation and reconstruction authority.
- General Aptitude and Ethics: General aptitude, ethics.
For a detailed syllabus and topic-wise coverage, candidates should refer to the official notifications and guidelines.
Results and Cutoffs
The Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC) announces the results and cutoff marks for each examination on its official website. By following these steps candidates can check their results online:
- Visit the UKPSC website.
- Navigate to the “Result” or “Result/Answer Key” section on the homepage.
- Download the result PDF from the portal.
- Search for your name, registration, or roll number in the PDF.
- Calculate your score and compare it with the cutoff marks for your category.
The cutoff marks are the minimum qualifying marks that candidates must achieve to move forward in the selection process. The cutoff scores vary each year based on factors like the number of vacancies, the difficulty level of the exam, and the performance of candidates. The UKPSC announces the cutoff scores along with the results or shortly after.
Salary Structure and Benefits
Candidates selected through UKPSC exams are offered attractive salary packages and numerous benefits. The salary structure varies depending on the post and level. On average, the salary ranges from INR 20,000 to INR 60,000 per month. In addition to the base salary, UKPSC officers are entitled to various allowances and perks, including housing rent allowance, dearness compensation, medical bonus allowance, overtime allowance, and pension benefits.
Preparing for UKPSC exams requires dedication, hard work, and effective strategies. Here are some important tips to help you prepare for the exam:
- Make a study plan: Create a well-structured study schedule, allocating specific time for each subject or exam section. Include time for revision as well.
- Gather relevant study materials: Collect books, previous years’ question papers, and study guides from reliable sources. Stay updated with current affairs.
- Manage your time effectively: Practice time management during the exam by solving questions within the specified time limits. Practice regularly to enhance your accuracy and speed.
- Take mock tests: Regularly take mock tests and solve practice papers to assess your readiness. Analyze your weaknesses, performance, identify strengths, and work on improving them.
- Focus on conceptual clarity: Understand the concepts and underlying principles of each subject. Seek clarification whenever necessary and ask for explanations to strengthen your understanding.
By following these tips and adopting a disciplined approach to your preparation, you can increase your chances of success in UKPSC exams.
What is the age limit for UKPSC exams?
The age limit for UKPSC exams is usually between 21 and 42 years; however, age relaxations are applicable as per government norms for candidates belonging to reserved categories.
What is the last date for the UKPSC application form in 2023?
The last date for the UKPSC application form in 2023 will be mentioned in the official notification. Candidates are advised to regularly check the UKPSC website for updates and announcements regarding application deadlines.
What is the full form of the UKPSC exam?
The full form of the UKPSC exam is Uttarakhand Public Service Commission exam. It is a state-level recruitment examination conducted to select candidates for various civil service and administrative positions in Uttarakhand.
Who is the head of UKPSC?
The UKPSC is headed by the Chairman, who is appointed by the state government. The Chairman oversees the operations and daily functioning of the commission.
What is the salary of a UKPSC officer?
The salary of a UKPSC officer varies based on the post and level. It includes the base salary, allowances, and grade pay. On average, UKPSC officers earn between INR 20,000 to INR 60,000 per month.
How many attempts are allowed in Uttarakhand PCS?
There is no specific restriction on the number of attempts for Uttarakhand PCS (UKPSC) exams. Candidates can apply multiple times as long as they meet the eligibility criteria mentioned in the official notifications.
What is the cutoff for UKPSC Lower PCS?
The cutoff for UKPSC Lower PCS exams varies each year depending on factors like the number of vacancies and the performance of candidates. The UKPSC announces the cutoff scores along with the results or shortly after. Candidates should refer to the official website or notifications for the precise cutoff scores.
With the Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC), you have the opportunity to build a successful career in the government sector in Uttarakhand. Stay updated with the latest notifications, prepare diligently, and embark on your journey toward a fulfilling and rewarding profession.
Tips Before Buying Best Gaming Laptop Under 60000
Florida Common Law Marriage: Essential Rules You Must Know for a Strong Legal Foundation | 2023
Decoding Difference Between Krill Oil and Fish Oil: Which is More Effective?
What Are The First Signs Of Kidney Damage From Alcohol | 5 Signs
Secrets of DMT Meditation: What Is DMT Meditation and How Does It Work?
Benefits of Cirkul Water Bottle for On-the-Go Hydration | 2023